Saturday, February 2, 2008

An Afghan student is about to be killed


A young Afghan student, about 21 years of age has been sentenced to death for circulating an article that criticized fundamentalist's misrepresentation of Islam to justify women oppression.

The Afghan Senate has already declared a motion to confirm the death sentence and clerics are demanding his execution to be held as soon as possible. Please, there still is a possibility of overturning this sentence if the international community puts pressure on the Afghan government. If we collect enough signatures, we can compel the UK Foreign Office to intervene before it is too late.

It only takes a second. To sign the petition, CLICK HERE

You can read the story in the Independent: CLICK HERE




This was the forward that I forwarded to all my contacts. Since I have a secret blogging address (which I used when I used to blog from my work pace ), the mail got posted in my blog too.

What I would really like to know is that, do these forwards really work?

I mean, will this Afgan live?

And, how will I ever know of it?



No comments: