Sunday, March 8, 2009

Grasshopper scores again

I think this review is thanks to Banno. The pleasant surprise is that the grasshopper is getting reviewed by those who are the villains in the book: the atheists. :) Here is the expert of the review:

I must begin with a disclaimer and a confession. I am totally not into spiritual reading. I shy away from books that come with spiritual/religious tags and over the years, I’ve become suspicious of anything that describes itself as a ‘journey of the soul’ or something along those lines. Which is not to denigrate the genre. It is just that I personally start to get restless and irritable at the mention of the soul.

It was, therefore, with a small measure of trepidation and guilt that I agreed to do this review. It isn’t fair to approach a book with shelf-sized biases. That said, I have to confess that this book was a pleasant surprise. It was smooth reading right through. Author Manjushree Abhinav chose to tell an honest story instead of wrapping up a sermon in a novel’s cloak.

Read the rest of the review here.

2 comments:

Smita said...

wow!! Isn't that great :)

And see everyone is saying what I said loooong back :D

Manjushree Abhinav said...

Smita,

Yes darling, you gave me the premier review!

Happy holi!