To help the residents of India and Nepal recover from the monsoon floods along the Koshi River and allow people around the world to keep up-to-date on the relief efforts, we’ve pulled together some mapping resources below. Additionally, you can read the latest news on recovery efforts on Google News.
How you can help
We'd like to call attention to some of them so that you can get involved, offer support or learn more about the effects of the floods.
- Save the Children is distributing food and clean water while attempting to reunite displaced children with their parents who are dispersed throughout the relief camps. Read moreor donate to help.
- Project Concern is providing water purification, storage supplies, soap and basic amenities and operating motorized boats for rescue missions in the region. Read more or donate to help.
- The American Indian Foundation is working with the local government and other regional organizations to secure safe drinking water and facilitate information between those displaced. Read more or donate to help.
- Catholic Relief Services is providing those in dire need with ready-to-eat foods, purification tablets and tarps for transitional shelter. Read more or donate to help.
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent is working with the India Red Cross Society to distribute medicine and coordinating the delivery of tents to the affected regions to serve as temporary housing. Read more or donate to help.