Sunday, February 22, 2009

Till I met a grasshopper

Till I met a grasshopper
I did not know I lived in a cage
An enigma, a surprise
Making me think every page...

To love someone like one's baby
Does not require a womb
Sing, drink and throw your books in the river
Mansoor would say from his tomb...

Even a glimpse can transform you
In a way no conversation can
Consciousness speaks, I understood
The world doesn't work the way I plan...

Maybe what I perceived
was an amateurish conclusion
A catharsis of kind
Vague thoughts circling the mind...

I do not know much, but know enough to say
It would enlighten me
Teach me something new
When I read this book again some other day....

Archana---

Archana is one of the first people to have read my book, A Grasshopper's Pilgrimage, when it was a manuscript. This poem was her response.

No comments: