Saturday, September 27, 2008

Guilt

I am appalled at the inconsistency of my titles. Below the post on Bihar floods, which talks about thousands standing in queues to get their meal, is a Parantha post that goes on and on about how long the batter lasts.

I am not going to say, such is life, blah blah, and get away with it.

My fridge is full of vegetables, milk, fruits and yes, Parantha batter.

But is my heart big enough to share even half of it with the hungry and the desperate?

I have cupboards full of old clothes, toys, etc etc.

If any of you knows a collection center in Bangalore for Bihar relief, please let me know.

During the Gujarat riots, a lot of my film institute brethren had come together and put in their best to gather relief for the riot affected.

However, from the wisdom tree emails, I don't see anyone talking about Bihar.

Honestly, how is this tragedy different?

2 comments:

Banno said...

Sometimes I think, it's fatigue. So much news, so much horror, all the time. We've shut ourselves up, refusing to see.

Nirali Shah said...

After reading your post, I did some online research and found The Art of Living as a decent organization to send relief materials to in Banglore:

PLEASE CONTACT.
THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO RENDER SEVA AT LEAST FOR 7 DAYS.
ANJU -09334782622.RAJENDRA-09934358831

SUPPLY OF MATERIALS
Akhilesh Parmanu,
09204117060,09235554704,9934358831,.

DOCTORS WILLING FOR SEVA
RAJENDRA GANDHI-09934358831

Their Official Bihar BLOG: http://help-biharfloodvictims.blogspot.com/

Art of Living Site: http://artofliving.org/Initiatives/Service/TraumaRelief/tabid/79/Default.aspx

-Nirali