Sunday, September 7, 2008

O Goddess Kosi, please calm down

I wonder how it must feel to become homeless, to lose my furniture, my computer, my mobile phone, my kitchen stuff, my clothes? And all I have to blame is a moody river?

It is not enough to give money, there is so much stuff in all our homes that can find its way to those who would actually use it.

My sister told me that if we give a carton, or a box to the railway station, any railway station in India, they have it sent to Bihar. I am not sure if this is true, but since Lallu Prasad Yadav is the railway minister, it is quite possible.

For those of us who don't watch tv, here is a comprehensive video I found on You tube:

1 comment:

Smita said...

You have been following the news so religiously.

I shudder to even imagine the scenario. I mean I can't live without my one cuppa coffee and these souls are in such bad shape.

Hope things improve quickly.